Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hmmmm

Immigration has been a hard thing for me to get my head around ever since my mission. I'm hugely conflicted on a lot of the surrounding issues, and don't feel educated/involved enough to offer an opinion most of the time.

But I agree pretty heartily with this.

3 comments:

rantipoler said...

I'm so with you on this one, Em. I love the image he uses of us "sitting in our backyards and minding our own business when, over the horizon, came an army of nannies, gardeners, housekeepers, short-order cooks, chamber maids, construction workers and farm laborers demanding to do our chores." I laughed out loud.

Vanessa Swenson said...

I love this article. I've thought this for a long time. The other points that people like to put up about a welfare nation or NAFTA are such fringe issues from the heart of the problem.
I'll admit it, I don't want to work in an orange field for 10 hrs a day at $8.50/hr. I don't want to do anything half that laborious, either.
I wish people would deal with the real issue.
Thanks for posting the link.

HegstromPrattFamily said...

De acuerdo.