Friday, April 23, 2010

ha HA!

I turned in my paper yesterday. So now I just have to defend it and my exam. Then I can take the 100+ books BACK TO THE LIBRARY! I'm going to need them when I'm writing my dissertation, but not all at once. And besides, I think there will be something extremely cathartic about dumping them all down the book drop.

We're at Dad's, enjoying a long weekend off (Ben got an extra day because of the INSANE 8am-3am day he worked a week ago). Among other good things, our poor sick-ish car is going to get repaired (we're hoping it's several small things rather than one big thing, or worse, several big things) Ben gets to play in a musical, which I think will do him good (and he'll have some ill-gotten gains with which to buy the new keyboard he's been wanting). We'll have J's birthday party on Sunday. And I'm going to go running. I always feel safer running here because I know a lot of the people, and I know where I'm going! There are great training hills around here. Just big enough to be tough, not so big as to be scary (like when I used to run the Y. I must have been insane).

I'm glad for a few days to think before I have to get ready for my LAST exam. Although, I did talk to my advisor while I was on campus to turn in my paper. She said she's read my exam and thinks that I'm "in really good shape." Hooray!

5 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Yay! And I think you might break the book drop.

Hannah and Curtis said...

Yay yay yay! I wish I could be there for the birthday party:( I will miss everyone.

rantipoler said...

I feel so vindicated when I hear that other people praise you. It lets me know I'm right about you - you're secretly Superwoman.

HegstromPrattFamily said...

Yes!!!! I'm so glad about the shape you are in.

Photo Girl said...

As one of the few people qualified to comment on this particular portion of your post: yes, you were insane for (or during the time period that you were) running the Y (and the SWKT stairs multiple times, for that matter)(or from our place up into Provo Canyon--mostly barefoot if I remember correctly), but wouldn't it be nice to be that young and that able-to-be-crazy sometimes? There are occasions when I miss those days and then there are occasions when I'm EXTREMELY glad I don't have to live through all that confusion again!