Saturday, March 20, 2010

Reality

I'm taking my exams in 12 days. Of course this means I've been reading furiously, right?

Ha, no. I spent most of Wednesday night, and all of Thursday and Thursday night cleaning up various disgusting bodily fluids created by my two poor sick children. (I've never seen an 11-month-old throw up....it's heart-wrenching.) Really that was only one day lost (I wasn't planning on working because we traveled all day on Wednesday), until BEN AND I GOT SICK TOO! Last night was miserable, and today has been a fog of "hmmmm.....maybe I can eat. Should I risk it??" combined with leftover brain-fog and achy-ness. I'm really sad to be losing a Saturday, since they're usually double work days (thanks to Ben's availability).

This has reminded me of the reality that, while I may be just as capable as some of my professional (single, childless) counterparts, I do not have the same freedom and resources as they do in terms of time. And that just has to be okay.

I'll take my exams, and it will be what it will be. I just hope I stop aching soon. :-)

No comments: