Sunday evening as I looked at my wreck of a house, I asked Ben "How do I let it get like this?," to which he calmly replied "You took a nap." I always forget that I do sort of repeated maintenance all day long, while he just lets it all go until the kids are asleep.
Yesterday Ben kept the kids and I went to the grocery BY MYSELF! (What a way to celebrate a Monday off teaching, right? Usually Tuesday is grocery day, and I go with both kids during the day.) While I was there, I saw a girl that made me wonder. Admittedly, she was really cute. She had dark brown hair with honey-colored highlights, was wearing a North Face fleece vest over a cute long-sleeved T-shirt, Ugg boots, and jeans with various colored patches on the butt pockets (here Bee would say "Mom, butt is not a nice word!"). The thing that made me wonder was when the cashier asked her how old she was and she answered "I'm ten." Who lets their ten-year-old dye their hair? And who has that kind of money to spend on clothes that kids outgrow in a few months?
I have no desire for people to think that Bee is a teenager when she's only ten. So maybe that's what has me wondering about the whole thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment