So Ben and I had both applied for jobs at Miami University in Ohio, in the hopes that we'd be able to move home. It seemed perfect...both of us working at the same place, Ben in systems security and me teaching majors and minors and maybe even starting a theater production class.
The Spanish department interviewed me and wanted to hire me on the spot. I told them we felt like we needed to wait and hear about Ben, and they said fine. The guy in charge of hiring for the job Ben applied for has not responded in any way to Ben's phone and email requests for information about the status of Ben's application. I emailed the Spanish department to ask when they needed a final answer. The answer was, basically, "Well, before now. We had to hire someone else!"
Dang it.
There is, however, one bright hope. The Spanish department chair told me that they will be hiring another person for the fall, and that I should email him in March. So we'll see how that goes, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is really disappointing. You know this already, but I'll say it anyway: it will all work out eventually.
Until then, feel free to be bummed about it for a few days. Good luck!
I second what Kimberly said! Love you Em!
I can't believe they didn't contact you giving you a deadline before hiring someone else. Things will work out though!
Post a Comment