So, I've been having an interesting 36 hours. For several reasons.
Our dryer, which I rely on to be able to use our cloth diapers (the brand/design they are won't line-dry fast enough for us to survive on the dozen we can afford...so I need the dryer!) stopped working mid-laundry day yesterday. Fortunately my dear friend Jen saved me this morning and is letting me dry all the wet things (the load from the dryer that didn't get done because it broke, the load from the washer that was next in line, and the diapers that were dirty that I'm washing now) at her house. As though that isn't totally stellar enough, she's going to let me steal her dryer when she moves next week! Which is a godsend (should that be capitalized?)for us. So though that resolved pretty phenomenally, it did create considerable stress.
Aside from that, I've also been dealing with some postpartum and starting birth control issues....which girls can imagine, and boys don't want to hear about. So I'll leave it at mentioning that for the last day or so pretty much everything has set me off and I'm trying hard to manage those emotions.
So (to the point of the post...but you need the context of my two traumas to know why I reacted the way I did!), today while Bee was playing at a friend's house, they had gotten into swimsuits to play in some water in the back yard. Come time to go, I needed to get her back into her real clothes so we could walk home. After each piece of clothing, she would walk away and I had to get her to come back. After repeating the process for panties and shorts, I told her to come back to get her shirt on. She came over and I started into a "you need to just come over and stay put until you're dressed" lecture. But I started off with an exasperated "Child...!" Before I could say anything else she said "of God?" Yeah. Can you spell guilt trip? I can. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm right there with you!! I'm not sure if the hormones ever stop!!! Funny, we are having washer issues!! Thanks for the hairbows!! They are so awesome!! Caroline looks so pretty in them!!
LOL
Oh, man, she won that with cute religiosity.
Congrats on the washer! Phew
Children rule the world ! This is funny :).
Post a Comment