So Bee and I got adventurous yesterday morning. Her Daddy had told her that we could go to the farmer's market today, forgetting that he would be gone with the scouts (and therefore the car would not be home). But I was feeling pretty full of energy, so we jumped on the bus and went to the farmer's market. We bought some violas because she wanted them (she picked dark blue and yellow...my kind of color scheme!) and a bouquet of lilacs because I wanted them. :-) We also bought honey sticks and starts for oregano and rosemary. Bee picked out the honey sticks, counting out six, and then gave the lady her dollar and said "thank you." It was a good moment.
When we were on the way back to the bus stop, she realized we were close to Wonderlab and asked if we could go. I told her that would be fine. So we hung out there for a little over an hour. She played in the water exhibit, which she hasn't done for ages. It was good. By the time we got home again, we were both ready for lunch and a nap. I was done in! She really likes the bus, though...I think it's something about the no seat-belt thing.
I've been thinking about lilacs ever since. They're my favorite flower, followed closely by daffodils and daisies. I think they're great...they have woody stems and arrange great, you can't make an ugly or odd-shaped bouquet of lilacs! And they come in all different shades of purple, there are white ones, and they just smell heavenly! But I think that the thing that makes them really special to me is that you can't really buy them from a florist. There's just a two week or so stretch in spring that you have to get as much of them as you can before they're gone until next year. And they remind me of filling up the house in the valley with them in the spring time, especially the times that it overlapped Hannah's birthday. I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lilacs are by far my favorite flower. Nothing even comes close for me.
I loved that Bee loved the bus. And she's so aware of everything around her now, and so smart (which we all knew she would be).
Aww, I miss you guys.
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the Wonder Lab and I'm glad somebody is riding the bus.
Post a Comment