Read this. Sorry for all the articles. I just can't help it!
I can't believe that this can still happen...anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Space for me to clear my head where the ideas can be thrown away and there's no permanent damage.
El sitio que dejó vacante Homero,
el centro que ocupaba Scherezada
(o antes de la invención del lenguaje, el lugar
en que se congregaba la gente del tribu
para escuchar al fuego) ahora está ocupado por
la Gran Caja Idiota.
“Telenovela”
Rosario Castellanos
4 comments:
I read that, too, and wanted to crack some skulls.
Sorry--half of the previous comment was full of typos.
I've been wondering about Vanessa's Wiccan practices for some time now. Not that I want to burn her alive, but perhaps some kind of Voo-doo magic for my end-of-the-year projects is in order.
On a serious note, that is messed up. I am curious as to what the accusations were--I mean, they had to be rather bizarre to condemn someone to practicing witchcraft, right (yes it does mention one of the instances, but what really makes that 'sorcery'?)? A little more insight into the culture, the customs, and the dominant belief would be nice.
ACK! I'm all for preserving culture when it doesn't infringe on people's basic human rights, like the right to LIVE. Em, don't apologize for posting articles like this. You are (as you well know) a woman after my own heart!
Post a Comment