Following my sister's example, I'm going to write a few things I'm glad of today.
I have a good group of students....the wimpy ones dropped. (I lost SEVEN students after day 1)
I have Fridays off...therefore, on Thursdays I get to let my brain rest a little.
Bee looks really cute when she's bundled up for 0-degree weather. (She even ended up with her picture in the paper the link isn't that great, you have to click on the "sub-zero weather" link on the homepage...I tried everything I could think of to get a direct link. Oh well!)
They did an extra ultrasound, and baby boy is just FINE and perfect and healthy (despite some sketchiness on the first one).
My midwife gave me the go-ahead for flying the dates of Chamizal. Now I just have to come up with $450. :-D
I think Hannah's right...it's good to think about why things were good today. Today was a good day, overall. And we've managed to get the semester routine down. This week was adjustment week, next week will be the trial run, and then we should be in business! It's always an adventure changing things up and figuring out how to do life (who's cooking when, if Bee can nap at a normal time, how on earth to get homework done...etc etc etc). But somehow it always comes together, thank goodness! It's definitely through none of my doing....I think it's just blessings. I've been really especially grateful since continuing in grad school with Bee and now another. I think Heavenly Father has helped things to work out as a "you made a good choice having kids now and not waiting til your first tenure job." Otherwise I'd be too dense to figure it out on my own. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Those pictures were very cute. I'm not regretting my Davis decision since it was 70 degrees here today :) And one thing I'm learning to hate about the quarter system is that we have to make all kinds of changes every 10 weeks and it gets stressful.
Here's on link
Here's another.
I wish you all the luck in the world surviving that weather. Your temperatures are a full 100 degrees below what I like. Eesh.
And by "on link" I meant "one link."
You guys are amazing, I brag on you all the time, and your little schedules and how you guys always manage to make things work out. It must mean your doing something right!
Emily
THANK YOU so much for your advice on my last post! Some days I feel like I know what I'm doing and others I feel so clueless! I appreciate it!
Hooray, hooray for Chamizal!!!
And the pictures are ADORABLE. So cute!!!
Post a Comment