Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fibers and old books

Reasons why I feel like a nerdy old lady today:

A colleague/mentor today loaned me a book that's out of print and not at my library, saving me the inter-library loan wait.  It's full of photos of theater renovations in Spain of old corrales, original beams and everything.  I reacted the way many (most?) women would to jewelery or a romantic trip someplace....giggly and excited about the prospect of using/enjoying it when I got home.

I found a place that does natural alpaca fiber, spins it and dyes it themselves and everything.  AND THEY'RE LOCAL.  AND OWNED BY A WOMAN!!



So pretty soon I'm gonna scan me some photos and crochet me some super-soft, hippy fingerless gloves, or maybe a baby hat.

As a somewhat somber side note,  I need a baby of my own to crochet for, but apparently God's not feeling generous with babies lately, at least ones for me.  Which makes me more than a little sad.  Oh well, at least I have work to keep me busy.

2 comments:

rantipoler said...

Love you, M.

M said...

Love you too.

Apparently editing has finally taxed my immune system beyond its limit.... 100 degree fever and working on the conclusion.

The joys of being a grad student mom. :-/