Sunday, December 16, 2012

My favorite internet misogynist is at it again....

....this time over the "Pants at Church" kerfuffle.

Here's the post, and you can read my comment there:
http://goodstrongmen.blogspot.com/2012/12/pants-at-church.html

The thing that I find funniest is "Wow, you pants-wearing, short-haired girls....I'm not attracted to you, and you better be careful or no one else will be either!" seems to be his biggest threat.  I think I can speak for a majority of Mormon feminists when I say "I think I can handle that a man like you won't be interested in me."  And wave him on his way while I marry Ben instead. 

My Bishop made interesting remarks in sacrament meeting today in conjunction with the age change for sister missionaries.  He pointed out that women who serve missions will have a higher bar of expectations for their future husbands.  He said "They'll look for men who will be better, more attentive, more engaged husbands and fathers."  I leaned to Ben and said "Yeah, I didn't just LOOK for that, I GOT it."

Cause I did.  And I'm grateful for it every single day.

2 comments:

gilliay said...

I wore pants today! And I loved it. I don't understand the backlash. Well I do. But I wish people could be a little less close-minded.

And I agree with your analysis. His disinterest doesn't affect me one bit.

Kimberly said...

I imagine that's just one of lots of good things to come from more sisters. I sure hope we get some here soon. This ward loves sister missionaries!