Saturday, November 24, 2012

I didn't post a "thankful" post....

I guess that oversight speaks to the chaos of my existence at the moment.

I spent Thanksgiving helping Ben clean up J's puke - though I have to admit that Ben really outdid himself in terms of stepping up so that I could still get work done. 

So today (and in the spirit of Thanksgiving), I'm grateful that I wrote my requisite pages, got to eat all my favorite comfort foods (soooooo many carbohydrates, I was in heaven!!), and now get to go choose and decorate a Christmas tree.

As chaotic, stressed, rushed, and full as my life generally seems to be, all of my problems are very first-world: finding ways to fit all the fresh produce into the fridge, getting the puked-on clothes immediately into the washing machine's sanitize cycle to attempt to contain the germs, worrying about whether or not the tree will stay strapped atop the Chevy or not....

I sometimes feel guilty that my life is so blessed when there is such poverty and suffering around the world. 

Today I'm trying to eliminate the guilt and just be thankful.

No comments: