I'm not. And never will be.
I see these posts around various social media outlets about oh-how-much moms got done in a day - 12 loads of laundry and dinners frozen for later and errands run.
I just don't operate like that.
And you know what? I'm glad I don't have to.
I teach two days a week, so those days we're doing pretty well to all get dressed and to our different educational facilities on time and not missing any pieces.
I run errands one Saturday a month, all in one morning. We don't have a lot of non-grocery errands. I grocery shop for two weeks at a time, occasionally doing a fill-in trip on the way home from work.
Laundry happens when it happens. As often as not, Ben helps me fold over an episode of West Wing, NCIS, or Downton Abbey (whatever the current brain rot we have going is). He cooks the night that Bee has ballet and Thursday - for no good reason other than I'm tired after doing my work week.
He lets me sleep in on Saturday because I love and need the extra hour and he loves and needs the time with the kids that he doesn't get because of his five-day work week.
I will never be able to post a "look how productiveI was with homemaking today"post, because that's just not how my life works. And frankly, I'm not all that impressed with myself for simply making my own life choices work for our family.
We do what we do, because we've chosen for our life to look like it does.
And I'm okay with that. It works for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment