Apparently I need to do better about checking the weather radar before I leave home. At about mile 2 and a half of my 8-mile run today, the wind picked up, a bright lightning flash lit up the woods and the clouds opened up. There was no dripping drizzling build up, this little tiny storm-cell-that-could hit me full force out of the blue.
I did something I haven't done since I was a teenager - stripped down to shorts and a sports bra and ran with shirt and shoes in hand looking up with my mouth open to catch raindrops.
Take that, modesty police!
The volume of water in such a short amount of time made for sliding along the river bottom (mud an inch deep for about 2 miles) and really cautious downhills (I'm still balky about my recovering ankle), but I still finished the 8 miles in 1:18:and some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment