Monday, April 23, 2012

Poop

This morning has not been a great one.  Bee lolled in bed until one second too late and just missed the toilet with some runny poop.  Then J (who is potty training) had a blowout in his first pair of undies for the day....the kind of blowout that goes up his back and into all the crannies of his miniature manly bits.

To top it off, Ben didn't warn me that the dog hadn't done her business this morning, so I came home from the school run to set J down on the landing step and say "Mollie!  GO to BED!  J, don't move, I have to clean this up," which I did while he said "Wadee pooped.  It's weedie tow tinky!"


I love my kids, and my dog, and cleaning up after them is the least of my worries.   After all, what if Bee turns into a mean girl, or J never learns to read, or the dog never learns to behave off-leash?  Any number of worries in my life are much more problematic than a little poop.

But cleaning up three types of poop from three different sources before 9 o'clock on a Monday morning is the reason I am SO GRATEFUL that I do out-of-the-home-type work a couple of days a week - it reminds me that I'm a capable human being.  I'd be inclined to forget this, otherwise.  Being a stay at home parent might be a great gig for some people, but for me personally it would be quite difficult and suck the living spirit out of me most days!

As for today, I at least have the consolation now that there remains no one in the house to have a poop issue.

4 comments:

FoxyJ said...

Well, you're making me feel better about the mess I cleaned up yesterday when my littlest one decided to take off her pants instead of take a nap and there was crumbly poop all over the crib, and her hands, and the floor, etc... This is why I don't have a dog yet--I have enough poop to deal with already :)

Photo Girl said...

That truly is a crappy beginning to a week. Eesh. That was a bad pun. You might feel some consolation if you realize that your calculations were off and there *was* one more person in the house who could have a poop issue and doesn't. That would be at least as unpleasant as the rest. :)

M said...

HA! True. :-)

FoxyJ said...

This is a friend of mine:

http://www.joshweed.com/2011/02/morning-run.html