I have nothing to say. Due in large part to the fact that I've been either out of town, slogging through the dog having worms and all the fun THAT entails, translating like a crazy person (without getting paid for it....apparently since I'm a woman and "have so much free time" I should not mind being put on a delayed pay schedule....but that's another rant entirely), or cleaning up after vomiting children.
When I despair of ever being a good mom, however, I look at my reaction to the fourth round of puke in the middle of the night. I tend to sit up in bed (yes, I sleep in bed with my kids when they're sick....call me crazy, but I have to make sure they're still breathing), grab the baby to hold their head while they puke, plop them in a warm tub while I change the sheets and disinfect everything (in the slight hope that the rest of us can avoid the plague), and roll back into bed with cleaned-and-new-pj'd baby to start it all over again. I mutter reassuring words in a soft voice....and realize that maybe I'm NOT a terrible mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are a good mom! Did any of the rest of you ever get sick? How is Nora doing?
You are one of the best Mom's I know!! Sorry about the sickness :( THAT makes me sad! Hope you got your package!
Countless sacrifices like this are why I believe the job of a mother is truly heroic, and very Christlike.
The more I work with my own children, the more I understand and appreciate what my mother did for me.
Hang in there and keep it up!
No maybe about it. Not only are you NOT a terrible mom, but you happen quite a wonderful mom. :)
I wish I knew you better as a mom! You've been halfway across the country for too long! Boy am I glad Emilia is not a puker. That sounds really not fun.
I'm sorry you've been having a rough time of it. I'm sure you'll be blessed for all your efforts, though. You are amazing.
Post a Comment