Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stupid people suck

Aren't I so articulate?

So, despite my wearing white and a blinking red LED flasher light that's visible for over 1/4 mile, some idiot ran me off the road today. I fell and skinned up both hands, hit my left hip pretty good and I think maybe twisted my left ankle (we'll see how it stiffens up, it might not be too bad). The thing that ticks me off is that we were on a straight stretch of road where there's good visibility in both directions, there was no oncoming traffic in the other lane, and I interfered in this guy's morning for all of 15 seconds!! I mean, seriously, can't they give me 18 inches? He seemed to think it would be funny to flip on his brights and then run as close to the edge line (which I was on the BERM SIDE of) as he could. I get really pissed off that other people being stupid ends up with me getting hurt.

And I know, that's just how life goes sometimes, but it still makes me angry, and makes me feel victimized.

So I just hope that I can make it through six more weeks of early morning runs without some idiot killing me, so I can actually run the marathon and mark it off my list!

3 comments:

ALTA said...

Sorry you met up with "Jack" this morning. I was going to say ran into Jack...lol.
That was/is always my fear when I was running in the dark. I hope you recover quickly. Just remember he can't take away the high you felt when you were done running so Ha on him. (were you able to finish your run?)

M said...

Yeah, I finished okay. My ankle's a little sore, but tomorrow's my rest day anyway. I think it'll be okay by Friday.

Kimberly said...

Ugh. I'm sorry stupid people suck.