I feel like I'm balancing well these days. Sometimes my life overwhelms me...I feel like I'm doing a really good job at one of my roles but none of the others, or a passable job at most of my roles with one seriously neglected, or any variation on combinations of those.
Lately I've had time to run, kept up with my house, done my visiting teaching, read my scriptures, made cupcakes for Bee's class, taken J to all sorts of museum-y places, written on my proposal, had great talks with Ben, run a race together (well, sort of), and managed to do all of my teaching stuff on time or early.
I feel so different than I did at this point last year, when I was drowning in lists and exams and dying for a house and hating teaching because the classes were mediocre and sleep-deprived because I was nursing a baby and hating myself because I felt overweight and unattractive and angry that I couldn't help Bee work through her anger issues any faster....etc etc etc.
I'm thinking that the ebb and flow of life is a good thing, because if I didn't have years like last year (that are horrific), I wouldn't enjoy the moment I'm in right now NEARLY as much. I'm grateful for the pendulum swinging. Hope it never gets stuck in an "I hate my life" phase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My pendulum seems to be stuck in the middle after a fairly miserable year last year. I'd sure like it to swing to the great side!
Opposition in all things, I suppose. I just read something that said that the downs and the ups are not opposites, but complementary. We wouldn't know one without the other, as you've wisely pointed out.
I'm with Arrow and his pendulum. Maybe the sun will come up . . . next year.
Post a Comment