I've sent emails to my committee and chair about setting a date for my qualifying examinations. I've also sent out several "would you be available to take the kids for me at random points when I'm going to break down during that WHOLE MONTH!" emails to friends and family.
This has made it real, and I'm starting to dream about things like cars with dials that measure pages read instead of miles per hour, outlines that reach out from the computer and wrap around my eyes so I can't read, and (of course) kids getting sick while I'm trying to take the exams.
This should be an interesting (and long) couple of weeks while I finish (or try to) reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You can do it! The dream about the outline coming to life was just a little creepy, though.
Em - you'll do wonderfully because you always excel at everything!
Good luck! I have no doubts that you'll amaze everyone.
I just remembered when I was studying for comps and I carried around long computer print-out lists of timelines, bibliographies, notes, etc. and read them as I walked around 24/7. I used to fall down a lot--scraped up knees, etc.
Post a Comment