Outside, we went to the farmer's market, the orchard, and out to Yellowwood. I'm always a little sad when the farmer's market starts to wind down....first you see the selection dwindle a bit, then fewer and fewer vendors come until I'm buying from folks I didn't buy from in the summer. But the music was still good!
At the orchard we tasted some delicious apples I had never heard of before. They're called "hidden rose" apples. They were selling them by the peck, which we can't use because it would go bad before we ate that many....but the dad in the family that owns the place recognized us as familiar faces when he was ringing up our stuff (on the till that doesn't process credit cards or checks!) and let us toss a couple into Bee's bag. I like to get a bag of apples there, even though it's a tad more expensive than at the store, for a couple of reasons. 1st, they're a local place owned by a really cute young-ish family, and they do lots of work toward feeding needy people in the community. 2nd, they have the best cider I've ever tasted...well, except maybe for place we used to go with Mamaw. 3rd, they do organic growing. It's nice to know that my kids won't sprout extra eyes from eating their apples. 4th, the apples are small! Like the size they're supposed to be. Which means that Bee can eat a whole one, with no waste involved. Always good.
We were a little early for good color at Yellowwood, but we had fun skipping rocks, and climbing the "mountain" (the dam for the lake).
The inside stuff isn't as cool, but it's stuff that makes me happy. I told my friend Julie that she solved all my problems by keeping my kids for a couple of hours on Saturday. We painted a dresser for Bee (the dresser, paint, and new paint brush all totaled less than $40....not bad for a dresser). Which means we could take apart and put away the changing table and put Baby J's clothes into Bee's old dresser, put Bee's clothes into her new dresser, and move the furniture so the kids are in the same room and we have our room back! YAY!
Besides the painting, we also went food storage shopping. We bought so much bulk stuff that the guy at the market threw our salt and vinegar chips (which I loved but Ben didn't think were so stellar) in for free! Another YAY!
To top it all, (even though it's not really the weekend it's still good!) Bee was good and obedient in her ballet class today. It made me smile.
And that's about it!
4 comments:
You had PICTURES!!!!! That made my DAY!!!! Nora is so big, tell her to stop growing right now... at least until Christmas. Her hair is so long and pretty! And James is getting big! He won't even know me... even though I was one of the first people he got to meet in his little life!
It's always nice to get your room back!
I love your pictures! And how much is a peck? All I know is that it seems to be less than a bushel, per the song. Maybe?
Hooray for pictures! Bee looks the same except taller with longer hair. :) First time I've seen Baby J. Cute kids! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I'm glad. :)
Post a Comment