Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bee boo

So, beside the negative, I need to acknowledge the biggest positive of my life at the moment. I have a darling little baby girl. She is, in fact, the cutest baby ever. And she's just started to walk. When I feel totally alone , there's still some sunshine!

We call her BeeBoo. I'll probably refer to her as this in future posts, for the sake of not putting her name out onto the internet.

One of my biggest goals in life is for her to not make the mistakes her mother made. I want her to go into marriage better prepared than I was. I want her to sit her husband down and say "Tell me the truth" and then ask hard questions. (I don't think I did that well enough) Of course, like the previous post says, dishonesty breaks hearts. But I want her to know that she has a RIGHT to ASK it.

I also want her to know everything there is to know. There's so much out there that I don't know...it seems like the further I get into grad school, the more I realize that I'll never be able to keep up. Maybe if I start her young, she'll have a head start.

And she calls me mamma. There is infinite power in that word.

4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

wait, does this mean that you're gonna get nora working on her thesis during her sophomore year of college, just to get her that extra head start?

Vanessa Swenson said...

Oh, and you're so spot on. Beeboo is adorable. ADORABLE!!
Remember when you used to let me babysit her when I was having a bummer of a day?
Yeah, she's awesome. And so is her mom. She has to get it from somewhere: Mamma.

rantipoler said...

I love Beeboo. And I love her mom. Lots. And I love people who love Beeboo and her mom. Like Vanessa.

M said...

I love those people TOO! Isn't that amazing??